Union Minister of Information and Broadcasting, Anurag Singh Thakur announced that the upcoming ‘Marche Du Film’ official in india ‘Country of Honor’ which will be in France Cannes Film Festival is organized with in France this year 75th edition of Cannes Film Festival is being held. ‘Country of Honor’ status Held at Majestic Beach The ‘Marche Du Films’ opening night ensures India’s presence as the focus country and highlights India, its cinema, its culture and heritage.
- Shri Thakur said that India has also been awarded the National Award at Cannes Next (Country of Honor at Cannes Next), under which five new start-ups in the audio-visual industry will get an opportunity to grow.
- In this festival, from India, R. The world premiere of the film Rocketry produced by Madhavan will also be the center of attraction.
- India has been allowed to present five selected films in the ‘Goes to Cannes’ section. A cinema hall named Olympia Screen has been dedicated to India on 22nd May to screen movies not released yet.
- The theme of the Indian Pavilion this year is India the Current Hub of the World. It will showcase Indian cinema along with the country’s linguistic, cultural and regional diversities and will act as a networking platform for representatives of the global community.
These films are part of the Work in Progress lab under Film Bazaar:
- Baghjan – Assamese, Morani by Jaicheng Zaxai Dohutia
- Bailadila by Shailendra Sahu – Hindi, Chhattisgarhi
- Ek Place Apni (A Space of Our Own) by Ektara Collective – Hindi
- Flowers by Harshad Nalwade – Marathi, Kannada, Hindi