IBPS RRB Notification 2020: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection or IBPS conducts the recruitment in Regional Rural Banks (RRB’s) through a national level exam annually. The IBPS conducts the recruitment for the following Group A and B posts:
- IBPS RRB Office Assistant (Multipurpose)
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale I (Assistant Manager)
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale-II ( Generalist & Specialist)
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale III (Senior Manager)
Read here for IBPS RRB Notification 2020, Exam Date, Eligibility Criteria, Vacancy, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Cut Off.
IBPS RRB Notification 2020 (Officer Scale I & Office Asst) Re open Online Form
IBPS RRB 2020 Notification
The IBPS has released the notification of RRB. Going by the calendar dates, the notification for the IBPS RRB has released on 30th June 2020. As the official notification for IBPS RRB was released, the online application portal is over. Check the vacancies, exam pattern, and syllabus.
Under IBPS RRB the recruitment is done for the following posts which are categorized into Office Assistant (Multipurpose) and Officer Grade:
|Office Assistant /Clerk
|Treasury Manager||Officers Scale I
(Probationary Officer, PO)
|Banking Officer Scale-II||Agriculture Officer (Grade-II)|
|Law Officer (Grade-II)||Law Officer (Grade-II)|
|Chartered Accountant (Grade-II)||Officer (Grade III)|
|IT Officer (Grade-II)|
IBPS RRB Notification 2020 – Important Dates
- Starting Date for Registration & Payment of Fee: 01-07-2020
- Last Date for Registration & Payment of Fee: 21-07-2020
- Last Date for Editing Application Details: 21-07-2020
- Last Date for Printing Your Application: 05-08-2020
- Date of Download Call Letter of Pre-Exam Training: 12-08-2020
- Date of Conduct of Pre-Exam Training: 24 to 29-08-2020
- Date of Download of call letters for online Preliminary examination: August 2020
- Tentative Date of Preliminary Exam for Officer Scale I: 12 & 13-09-2020
- Tentative Date of Preliminary Exam for Office Asst: 19, 20 & 26-09-2020
- Date of Declaration of Preliminary Exam Results: October 2020
- Date of Download of Call letter for Online exam – Main/ Single: October/November 2020
- Tentative date of Single Exam for Officers Scale II & III: 18-10-2020
- Tentative date of Mains Exam for Officer Scale I: 18-10-2020 (Deferred)
- Tentative date of Mains Exam for Office Asst: 31-10-2020 (Deferred)
- Declaration of Main/ Single Exam Result (For Officers Scale I, II, III): October/ November 2020
- Date of Download of call letters for interview (For Officers Scale I, II, III): October/ November 2020
- Date of Interview (For Officers Scale I, II, III): October/ November 2020
- Provisional Allotment (For Officers Scale I, II, III & Office Assistant.
(Multipurpose)): January 2021
Re-open Online Form for Officer Scale I & Office Asst for those:
- Who attained the eligibility in terms of educational qualifications by 09.11.2020
- Who could not register successfully from 01.07.2020 to 21.07.2020.
- Starting Date for Apply Online, Payment of Fee & Edit/ Modification of Application: 26-10-2020
- Last Date for Apply Online, Payment of Fee & Edit/ Modification of Application: 09-11-2020
- Prelims Exam for Officer Scale I: 31-12-2020
- Prelims Exam for Office Asst (Multi Purpose): 02/ 04-01-2021
- For Others: Rs. 850/-
- For SC/ST/PWD/ Ex Serviceman candidates: Rs. 175/-
- Payment Mode (Online): Debit Cards (RuPay/ Visa/ MasterCard/ Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets
IBPS RRB 2020 Notification – Eligibility
Age Limit (as on 01-06-2019)
- Minimum Age for Officer Scale- III & II: 21 Years
- Minimum Age for Officer Scale- I & Office Asst: 18 Years
- Maximum Age for Officer Scale- III: 40 Years
- Maximum Age for Officer Scale- II: 32 Years
- Maximum Age for Officer Scale- I: 30 Years
- Maximum Age for Office Asst: 28 Years
- Age relaxation is admissible for SC/ST/OBC/ PH/ Ex-servicemen candidates as per rules.
- Officers Scale II & III have relevant Experience (Refer the notification).
IBPS RRB 2020 Notification – Vacancy Details
|Sl No||Post Name||Total||Qualification|
|1||Office Assistant (Multipurpose)||4624||Bachelors Degree|
|2||Officer Scale-I (Assistant Manager)||3800|
|3||Officer Scale-II (General Banking Officer (Manager))||838|
|4||Officer Scale-II (Information Technology Officer)||59|
|5||Officer Scale-II (Chartered Accountant)||26||CA|
|6||Officer Scale-II (Law Officer)||26||Degree (Law)|
|7||Officer Scale-II (Treasury Manager)||03||CA/ MBA|
|8||Officer Scale-II (Marketing Officer)||08||MBA (Marketing)|
|9||Officer Scale-II (Agriculture Officer)||100||Bachelors Degree|
IBPS RRB 2020 Notification- Important Links
|Apply Online (Reopen)||Available on 26-10-2020|
|Re Open Notice for Officer Scale I & Office Assst||Click Here|
|Admit Card Officer Scale-II & III||Click Here|
|Mains Exam Deferred for S No. 1, 2||Click Here|
|Notice for Office Asst||Click Here|
|Prelims Admit Card for Office Asst||Click Here|
|Mock Test Link for Officers Scale I & Office Asst||Click Here|
|Prelims Admit Card for Officers Scale I||Click Here|
|Prelims Exam Postponed Withdrawn Notice||Click Here|
|Exam Date Postponed Notice||Click Here|
|Tentative Exam Date||Click Here|
|Apply Online for Officer Scale II & III||Registration | Login|
|Apply Online for Officer Scale I||Registration | Login|
|Apply Online for Office Asst||Registration | Login|
|Officers Scale I, II & III – Eligibility Criteria||Click Here|
|Officers Scale I, II & III – Exam Pattern||Click Here|
|Office Asst – Eligibility Criteria||Click Here|
|Office Asst – Exam Pattern||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click here|
IBPS RRB Salary 2020 for Office Assistant
An Office Assistant in Regional Rural Bank can get a basic salary of Rs.15000 to Rs.19000 during the training period. After training period, the perks and emoluments may depend upon the performance of the candidate and it may also vary from bank to bank.
IBPS RRB Officers Scale-I 2020 Salary
Approximate salary of IBPS RRB Officer Scale-I is 33000 – 37000 and it may vary from bank to bank. And other allowances as may be admissible under the rules in force from time to time. The salary can also vary according to the place of posting and from one bank to another.
How To Apply For IBPS RRB 2020?
t is advised that the candidates keep a valid and active email id and contact no. throughout the IBPS RRB Recruitment Process to receive all the updates related to it. The Steps to apply online for the IBPS RRB will comprise of two stages: || Registration | Login || The steps to apply online is given below.
- Click on the official link, provided below.
- Click on the Apply link given on the page. A registration link will open up in the new window.
- Click on New Registration in the application window.
- Provide personal credentials like name, parents’ name, date of birth, email id, mobile number etc.
- Click on the submit button to the completed online registration form of SBI PO.
- After the Registration, a Registration ID and a password will be sent to your mobile no. and email id.
- Login with the provided Registration ID, date of birth and password to complete registration for SBI PO 2020.
- Upload your photograph and signature following the requisites mentioned by below.
- Upload scanned image of passport size photo (size-20 to 50 Kb) and signature (10 to 20 Kb) in JPEG /JPG format.
Size of Photograph: 200 x 230 pixels
Size of Signature: 140 x 60 pixels.
- After uploading the photograph and signature the candidates will be required to verify the details. Preview and verify the application form carefully.
- Lastly, pay the required application fee online.
Apply Online For IBPS RRB 2020
The apply online link is going to active on 01st July 2020.
IBPS RRB Selection Process
- For IBPS RRB Clerk, there will be two stages of Exam: || Prelims | Main ||
- For IBPS PO or Officer Scale I, there will be three stages of Exam:
|| Prelims | Mains | Interview ||
- For IBPS Officer Grade-II (General Banking Officer and Specialist Cadre) and III, there will be a single-window exam:
|| IBPS Officer Grade II Exam| Interview ||
The candidates will have to clear each stage of the exam for successful selection for each post.
IBPS RRB Exam Pattern
As you know that the IBPS RRB recruits candidates for two posts, i.e. Office Assistant/Clerk and Officer Scale. Therefore, the exam process is different for each of the exams.
IBPS RRB Officer Assistant Exam Pattern
IBPS RRB Assistant 2020, Exam will be conducted in two phases:
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
No interview process will be conducted for selecting candidates to the post of Office Assistant. Selection will be made purely on the marks obtained by candidate in his/her Mains Examination.
There will be a penalty of 0.25 marks for every incorrect response marked by the candidate. The test will be objective in nature.
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Preliminary Exam Pattern
|1.||Reasoning||40||40||Composite time of 45 mins|
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Mains Exam Pattern
|1||Reasoning Paper||40||50||Composite time of 2 hours|
|2||General Awareness Paper||40||40|
|3||Numerical Ability Paper||40||50|
|4||English/Hindi Language Paper||40||40|
There will not be any interview after the Mains Exam to get selected for the post of Office Assistant. Selection will made solely on the scores secured by the candidate in the Mains Exam.
IBPS RRB Officer PO Exam Pattern
For IBPS RRB Officer 2020, exam will be conducted in three phases:
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
- Interview Process
The final selection will be made on the cumulative score obtained by the candidate in both IBPS RRB Mains Exam and the Interview. There will be a penalty of 0.25 marks for every incorrect response marked by the candidate.
IBPS RRB Officer (Scale-1) Prelims Exam Pattern
|1||Reasoning||40||40||Composite Time of
IBPS RRB Officer (Grade I) Mains Exam Pattern
|1||Reasoning Paper||40||50||Composite Time of
|2||General Awareness Paper||40||40|
|3||Numerical Ability Paper||40||50|
|4||English/Hindi Language Paper*||40||40|
|5||Computer Knowledge Syllabus Paper||40||20|
Note*: Candidates can either opt for English Language or Hindi Language Paper
IBPS RRB Syllabus
The syllabus for IBPS RRB 2020 is almost the same for IBPS RRB Assistant and IBPS RRB Officer. Apart from the below-mentioned sections, an additional section of professional knowledge section is asked for the Specialist Officer Grade-II.
The topics that will be covered in the IBPS RRB Exam are as follows:
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
- English / Hindi Language
- Financial Knowledge
- General Awareness
- Computer Knowledge
IBPS RRB Syllabus: Logical Reasoning
The reasoning ability section comprises of logical and verbal reasoning. The topics for IBPS RRB reasoning syllabus are as follows:
|Odd man out||Analogy||Syllogism|
|Coding-Decoding||Blood Relation||Alphabet Test|
|Blood Relation||Series Test||Ranking and Time|
|Causes and Effects||Direction Test||Sitting Arrangements|
|Decision Making||Statement and Assumption||Figure Series|
|Assertion and Reason||Statement and Conclusion||Word Formation|
|Statements and Action Courses||Inequalities||Puzzles|
IBPS RRB Syllabus: Quantitative Aptitude
Among all the sections in the IBPS RRB exam, the quantitative aptitude section is one of the toughest and also the most scoring section. The detailed IBPS RRB syllabus for quantitative aptitude section is as given below:
|Number System||HCF and LCM||Profit and Loss|
|Decimal Fractions||Simple Interest||Compound Interest|
|Time and Work||Time and Distance||Average|
|Percentage||Ratio and Proportion||Data Interpretation|
|Permutation and Combination||Probability||Quadratic Equations|
IBPS RRB Syllabus: English / Hindi Language
|Reading Comprehension||Error Detection||Fill in the blanks|
|Rearrangement of Sentences||Cloze Test||Jumbled Words|
|Idioms||One word substitution||Phrase Substitution|
Since there is an option for Hindi and English in the IBPS RRB syllabus, there are certain topics that can be helpful for candidates opting for Hindi as a language:
|Fill in the blanks||Antonyms and Synonyms|
IBPS RRB Syllabus: Computer Knowledge
|Computer Fundamentals||Computer Abbreviations|
|Software and Hardware Fundamentals||Shortcut Keys|
|Networking||Basic Knowledge of Internet|
|History of Computer||Security Tools|
|Number System and Conversions||Computer Languages|
|Internet||Input and Output Devices|
IBPS RRB Syllabus: General Awareness
|India and International Current Affairs||Banking Awareness|
|Countries and Currencies||National Parks and Wildlife Sanctuaries|
|Banking Terms and Abbreviations||Banking History|
|Books ad Authors||Agriculture|
|Government schemes||Government policies|
IBPS RRB Syllabus: Financial Awareness
|Latest Topics in News in Financial World Monetary Policy||Budget and Economic Survey|
|Overview of Banking and Banking Reforms in India||Bank Accounts and Special Individuals|
|Organizations Deposits Credit||Loans|
|Advanced Non Performing Assets||Asset Reconstruction Companies|
|NPAs||Restructuring of Loans|
|Bad Loans||Risk Management|
|BASEL I||BASEL II|
IBPS RRB 2020 Admit Card
The candidates who submit their application forms online successfully will receive the IBPS RRB. They will be eligible to appear for the online exam. The IBPS RRB Admit card is issued on a pre-informed date, which is generally 10 days prior to the exam date. The admit card for IBPS RRB Office Assistant and Officer Post will be issued separately.
IBPS RRB 2020 Result
After the candidates have appeared for the IBPS RRB Exam the result will be declared. The result for IBPS RRB Office Assistant and Officer Grade will be made available. The result for IBPS RRB is of key importance as it will be the gateway to appear for the next stage of the exam.
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Previous Year’s Cut Off
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Prelims Cut Off 2019
|IBPS RRB Clerk Prelims Cut-Off|
|State Name||State-wise Cut-Off (UR)|
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Mains Cut Off 2019
|State / UT||Office Assistant Mains Cut Off 2019|
|Jammu & Kashmir||105-110|
IBPS RRB Officer Scale-I Prelims Cut Off
|State||Cut-off 2018||Cut-Off 2019|
|Jammu and Kashmir||47.25||55.25|
IBPS RRB Officer Scale-I Main Cut Off 2019: Check State-Wise Cut Off
|Jammu & Kashmir||93.88|
IBPS RRB Exam Center
Here is a list of a few of the exam centers.
|Andhra Pradesh||Ananthapur, Chirala, Chittoor, Guntur, Hyderabad, Kakinada, Kadapa, Kurnool Nellore, Ongole, Puttur, Srikakulam, Rajahmundry, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Vizianagaram, Vishakhapatnam|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Naharlagun, Itanagar|
|Assam||Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Kokrajhar, Silchar, Tezpur,|
|Bihar||Arrah, Aurangabad, Bhagalpur, Bihar Sharif, Darbhanga, Gaya, Muzzafarpur, Patna, Purnea, Samastipur, Siwan|
|Chhattisgarh||Bhilai, Bilaspur, Raipur|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Anand, Gandhinagar, Himatnagar, Jamnagar, Mehsana, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara|
|Haryana||Ambala, Bahadurgarh, Gurgaon, Hissar, Karnal, Kurukshetra, Palwal, Panipat, Sonipat, Yamuna Nagar|
|Himachal Pradesh||Baddi, Bilaspur, Dharamshala, Hamirpur, Kangra, Kullu, Mandi, Shimla, Sirmaur, Solan, Una|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Baramula, Jammu, Kathua, Samba, Srinagar|
|Jharkhand||Dhanbad, Hazaribagh, Jamshedpur, Ranchi, Bokaro|
|Karnataka||Belgaum, Bellary, Bidar, Davangere, Gulbarga, Hubli, Kolar, Mangalore, Mysore, Shimoga, Udipi|
|Kerala||Alappuzha, Kannur, Kochi, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Palakkad, Thiruvananthpuram, Thrichur|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Sagar, Satna, Ujjain|
|Maharashtra||Amaravati, Aurangabad, Chandrapur, Dhule, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Latur, Mumbai/ Thane/ Navi Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nasik, Pune, Ratnagiri, Sangli, Satara|
|Odisha||Angul, Balasore, Bargarh, Baripada, Berhampur (Ganjam), Bhubaneshwar, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Jharsuguda, Rourkela, Sambalpur|
|Punjab||Amritsar, Bhatinda, Fategarh Sahib, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Pathankot, Patiala, Phagwara, Sangrur|
|Rajasthan||Ajmer, Alwar, Bhilwara, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Sikar, Udaipur|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Dindigul, Krishnagiri, Madurai, Nagercoil, Namakkal, Perambalur, Salem, Thanjavur, Thiruchirapalli, Thoothukodi, Tirunelvelli, Vellore|
|Telangana||Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Khammam, Warangal|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Aligarh, Allahabad, Banda, Bareilly, Bulandhshaher, Faizabad, Gonda, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Mathura, Meerut, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, Varanasi|
|Uttarakhand||Dehradun, Haldwani, Haridwar, Roorkee|
|West Bengal||Asansol, Bardhaman, Berhampur, Durgapur, Hooghly, Howrah, Kalyani, Greater Kolkata, Siliguri|
IBPS RRB 2020 FAQ’s
- What is the date to apply for IBPS RRB 2020 Notification?
Ans. You can apply for IBPS RRB from 1 July to 21st July 2020.
- What are the posts for which IBPS RRB conducts the recruitment process?
Ans. IBPS RRB conducts recruitment for the post of Office Assistant/Clerk and Officer Grade I/PO, II, III posts.
- What is the Selection Process For IBPS RRB 2020?
Ans. Candidates applying for Office Assistant will have to appear for the prelims and mains exam only. Candidates applying for IBPS PO will have to appear for the Prelims, Mains, and Interview. Candidates applying for Officer Scale Post II and III will have to appear for Mains and Interview.
- Can a candidate apply for multiple posts?
Ans. Yes, you can apply for Office Assistant and Officer Grade Post also. But you can apply only for one post in the Officer Grade Category.
- How many times can I appear for IBPS RRB Exam?
Ans. You can appear as many times but with respect to the age limit. There no restriction in IBPS RRB for the no. of attempts.
- What is the application fee for IBPS RRB Exam 2020?
Ans. A total of Rs. 850/- for General Category and Rs 175/- for SC/ST/PWD/Ex Servicemen category candidates.