Important Days in March 2022 : Check below the complete list of March calendar 2022 Special Days which include national, international events, festivals, etc.
It not only enhances general knowledge but also helps in the preparation of exams. Take a look at the list of special days and dates in March 2022.
Do you know that every year March and June end on the same day of the week? March month is the first month of Spring. It is the month when animals start waking up from hibernation.
- 1 Important Days in March calendar 2022 ( Special Days) – National & International
- 2 March 2022 : Important Days and Dates
- 3 Important National & International Days & Dates in March 2022
- 4 March calendar 2022 Special Days
- 5 Zero Discrimination Day – 1st March
- 6 World Civil Defence Day – 1st March
- 7 World Wildlife Day -3rd March
- 8 3rd March – World Hearing Day
- 9 4th March – National Safety Day
- 10 Ramakrishna Jayanti – 4 March
- 11 8 March – International Women’s Day
- 12 CISF Raising Day – 10 March
- 13 No Smoking Day (Second Wednesday of March) – 11 March
- 14 World Kidney Day – March 12
- 15 Mauritius Day – 12 March
- 16 Pi Day – 14 March
- 17 International Day of Action for Rivers – 14 March
- 18 World Consumer Rights Day – 15 March
- 19 National Vaccination Day – 16 March
- 20 Ordnance Factories Day (India) – 18 March
- 21 International Day of Happiness – 20 March
- 22 World Sparrow Day – 20 March
- 23 World Forestry Day – 21 March
- 24 World Down syndrome Day – 21 March
- 25 World Poetry Day – 21 March
- 26 World Water Day – 22 March
- 27 World Meteorological Day – 23rd March
- 28 World Tuberculosis (TB) Day – 24 March
- 29 World Theatre Day – 27 March
Important Days in March calendar 2022 ( Special Days) – National & International
The name of March is dedicated to the Roman god of war, Mars. It is the first month of the earliest Roman calendar.
Several events, festivals and important days of the national and international fall in March. Let us have a look at the list of events and important days that fall in March.
March 2022 : Important Days and Dates
|Date||Name of Important Days|
|1 March||Zero Discrimination Day|
|1 March||World Civil Defence Day|
|1 March||Self Injury Awareness Day|
|3 March||World Wildlife Day|
|3 March||World Hearing Day|
|4 March||National Safety Day|
|4 March||Employee Appreciation Day|
|4 March||Ramakrishna Jayanti|
|8 March||International Women’s Day|
|9 March||No Smoking Day (Second Wednesday of March)|
|10 March||CISF Raising Day|
|12 March||Mauritius Day|
|14 March||Pi Day|
|14 March||International Day of Action for Rivers|
|15 March||World Consumer Rights Day|
|16 March||National Vaccination Day|
|18 March||Ordnance Factories Day (India)|
|20 March||International Day of Happiness|
|20 March||World Sparrow Day|
|21 March||World Forestry Day|
|21 March||World Down Syndrome Day|
|21 March||World Poetry Day|
|22 March||World Water Day|
|23 March||World Meteorological Day|
|24 March||World Tuberculosis (TB) Day|
|25 March||International Day of the Unborn Child|
|26 March||Purple Day of Epilepsy|
|27 March||World Theatre Day|
Important National & International Days & Dates in March 2022
- 1 March 2022- Maha Shivratri, Zero Discrimination Day, World Civil Defence Day, National Pig Day (US), Self-Injury Awareness Day, Saint David’s Day (Wales), Baba Marta (Bulgaria), Remembrance Day (Marshall Islands), Beer Day (Iceland), Heroes’ Day (Paraguay), National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day (US), Commemoration of Mustafa Barzani’s Death (Iraqi Kurdistan), Martisor (Romania and Moldavia), Samiljeol (South Korea), Independence Day (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- 2 March 2022- Peasant’s Day (Burma), Victory at Adwa Day (Ethiopia), Texas Independence Day, National Banana Creme Pie Day (US), Water Carrying Festival (Japan), National Reading Day (US)
- 3 March 2022- World Wildlife Day, World Hearing Day, Martyr’s Day (Malawi), Mother’s Day (Georgia), Sportsmen’s Day (Egypt), Hinamatsuri (Japan), Liberation Day (Bulgaria), National Canadian Bacon Day (US)
- 4 March 2022- National Safety Day, Employee Appreciation Day, National Grammar Day (US), St Casimir’s Day (Poland and Lithuania)
- 5 March 2022- Day of Physical Culture and Sport (Azerbaijan), St Piran’s Day (Cornwall), Custom Chief’s Day (Vanuatu), National Cheez Doodle Day (US), Learn from Lei Feng Day (China), National Absinthe Day (US)
- 6 March 2022- Independence Day (Ghana), Foundation Day (Norfolk Island), European Day of the Righteous (Europe)
- 7 March 2022– Teacher’s Day (Albania), Liberation of Sulaymaniyah (Iraqi Kurdistan), National Crown Roast of Pork Day (US)
- 8 March 2022- International Women’s Day, Ramakrishna Jayanti, National Peanut Cluster Day (US), International Women’s Collaboration Brew Day, Mother’s Day (Eastern Europe, Russia, Soviet bloc), National Potato Salad Day (US)
- 9 March 2022- Teachers’ Day (Lebanon), National Crabmeat Day (US), Panic Day, National Meatball Day (US), No Smoking Day (Second Wednesday of March)
- 10 March 2022- CISF Raising Day, Hote Matsuri (Japan), Harriet Tubman Day (US), Tibetan Uprising Day, National Blueberry Popover Day (US), National Women and Girls HIV/ AIDS Awareness Day (US), Holocaust Remembrance Day (Bulgaria), National Mario Day (US)
- 11 March 2022- Oatmeal Nut Waffles Day (US), Day of Restoration of Independence of Lithuania, Moshoeshoe Day (Lesotho), Johnny Appleseed Day (US)
- 12 March 2022- Mauritius Day, Arbor Day (China, Taiwan), National Baked Scallops Day (US), Youth Day (Zambia), Tree Day (North Macedonia), Aztec New Year, World Day Against Cyber Censorship, Girl Scout Birthday (US)
- 13 March 2022- Liberation of Duhok City (Iraqi Kurdistan), Kasuga Matsuri (Japan), Anniversary of the election of Pope Francis (Vatican City), L. Ron Hubbard’s Birthday (Scientology), National Coconut Torte Day (US)
- 14 March – Pi Day, International Day of Action for Rivers, Start of Multiple Sclerosis Awareness Week (US), White Day (Asia)
- 15 March 2022- World Consumer Rights Day, World Sleep Day, Honen Matsuri (Japan), International Day Against Police Brutality, National Brutus Day (US), National Day (Hungary), J. J. Roberts’ Birthday (Liberia), True Confessions Day, World Contact Day, World Day of Muslim Culture, Peace, Dialogue and Film, World Consumer Rights Day, World Speech Day, Youth Day (Palau)
- 16 March 2022- National Vaccination Day (India), Lips Appreciation Day, Day of the Book Smugglers (Lithuania), Remembrance day of the Latvian Legionnaires (Latvia), Saint Urho’s Day (Finnish Americans and Finnish Canadians), Halabja Day (Iraqi Kurdistan)
- 17 March 2022- Evacuation Day (Massachusetts), Saint Patrick’s Day (Ireland), Children’s Day (Bangladesh)
- 18 March 2022- Ordnance Factories Day (India), Teacher’s Day (Syria), Anniversary of the Oil Expropriation (Mexico), Forgive Mom and Dad Day, Flag Day (Aruba), Men’s and Soldiers’ Day (Mongolia), Gallipoli Memorial Day (Turkey)
- 19 March 2022- Kashubian Unity Day (Poland), Minna Canth’s Birthday (Finland)
- 20 March 2022- International Day of Happiness, World Oral Health Day, Taj Mahotsav (from 20th March to 29th March 2022), Independence Day (Tunisia), Feast of the Supreme Ritual (Thelema), National Native HIV/AIDS Awareness Day (US), Great American Meatout (US), Liberation of Kirkuk City (Iraqi Kurdistan), UN French Language Day, World Sparrow Day
- 21 March 2022- World Forestry Day, World Down Syndrome Day, World Poetry Day, Human Rights Day (South Africa), International Day of Forests, Truant’s Day (Poland), Independence Day (Namibia), Arbor Day (Portugal), Harmony Day (Australia), International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, Birth of Benito Juárez, a Fiestas Patrias (Mexico), Mother’s Day (most of the Arab), International Colour Day, World Puppetry Day, Youth Day (Tunisia), National Tree Planting Day (Lesotho)
- 22 March – World Water Day, As Young As You Feel Day, Emancipation Day (Puerto Rico)
- 23 March 2022- World Meteorological Day, Pakistan Day, National Chips and Dip Day (US), Day of the Sea (Bolivia), Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources Day (Azerbaijan), Promised Messiah Day (Ahmadiyya)
- 24 March 2022- World Tuberculosis (TB) Day, National Tree Planting Day (Uganda), Day of National Revolution (Kyrgyzstan)Commonwealth Covenant Day (Northern Mariana Islands, US), Student Day (Scientology), International Day for the Right to the Truth Concerning Gross Human Rights Violations and for the Dignity of Victims (United Nations), Day of Remembrance for Truth and Justice (Argentina)
- 25 March 2022- International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade, International Day of the Unborn Child, Mother’s Day (Slovenia), International Day of Solidarity with Detained and Missing Staff Members (United Nations General Assembly), Anniversary of the Arengo and the Feast of the Militants (San Marino), Freedom Day (Belarus), Feast of the Annunciation (Christianity), Revolution Day (Greece), EU Talent Day (European Union), Cultural Workers Day (Russia), Maryland Day (Maryland, US), Waffle Day (Sweden), Empress Menen’s Birthday (Rastafari), Tolkien Reading Day (Tolkien fandom), Lady Day (United Kingdom), Struggle for Human Rights Day (Slovakia)
- 26 March 2022- Purple Day (Canada and US), Independence Day (Bangladesh), Prince Kuhio Day (Hawaii, US), Martyr’s Day or Day of Democracy (Mali)
- 27 March 2022- World Theatre Day, Armed Forces Day (Myanmar), International whisk(e)y day
- 28 March 2022- Teachers’ Day (Czech Republic and Slovakia), Serfs Emancipation Day (Tibet), Commemoration of Sen no Rikyu (Schools of Japanese tea ceremony)
- 29 March 2022- Youth Day (Taiwan), Boganda Day (Central African Republic), Day of the Young Combatant (Chile), Commemoration of the 1947 Rebellion (Madagascar)
- 30 March 2022- World Idli Day, Land Day (Palestine), Spiritual Baptist/Shouter Liberation Day (Trinidad and Tobago), National Doctors’ Day (US)
- 31 March 2022- Freedom Day (Malta), Culture Day (Public holidays in the Federated States of Micronesia), King Nangklao Memorial Day (Thailand), Cesar Chavez Day (US), Transfer Day (US Virgin Islands), Day of Genocide of Azerbaijanis (Azerbaijan), National Backup Day (US), International Transgender Day of Visibility, National Clams on the Half Shell Day (US), Thomas Mundy Peterson Day (New Jersey, US)
March calendar 2022 Special Days
Days and dates play a significant part of syllabus of many competitive exam.
Other than this, the knowledge about important days 2022 is also helpful in creating awareness among people as these days are always related to topics of national and international concern.
Below here is provided a detailed list of Important Days & Dates to be observed in March 2022.
Zero Discrimination Day – 1st March
Zero Discrimination Day is celebrated globally on 1 March every year so that everyone lives life with dignity regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, skin colour, height, weight, etc. The symbol of Zero Discrimination Day is the butterfly.
Firstly, on 1 March, 2014 the UN had celebrated this day.
World Civil Defence Day – 1st March
World Civil Defence Day is celebrated every year on 1st March to bring the attention of the world public about the importance of Civil protection and to pay tributes to the efforts, sacrifices, and accomplishments of all the services responsible to fight against disasters.
International Civil Defence Organisation (ICDO) decided to celebrate this day in 1990. The theme of World Civil Defence Day 2019 is “Children’s safety, our responsibility”.
World Wildlife Day -3rd March
This day is celebrated globally on 3rd March and is closely aligns with the Sustainable Development Goal 12 that is Life without water, which focuses on marine species and to highlight the problems, critical issues of marine wildlife to our everyday life. The theme of 2019 is “Life below water: for people and planet”.
3rd March – World Hearing Day
World Hearing Day is observed on 3rd March every year to raise awareness about how to prevent deafness and to promote hearing across the world.
4th March – National Safety Day
National Safety Day is celebrated in India on 4th March by the National Safety Council of India.
This day is celebrated to make people get safe from several issues like financial loss, health problems and also any other problems that people are facing in their life.
Ramakrishna Jayanti – 4 March
On this day the birth anniversary of Saint Ramakrishna is celebrated. According to him, “the sole point of human birth is to acknowledge God”.
8 March – International Women’s Day
This day is observed globally every year on 8 March to celebrate the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. Also, it is an action for accelerating gender parity.
Purple is the colour which symbolise women internationally. The combination of the purple, green and white colour is to symbolise the equality of women’s which is originated from the Women’s Social and Political Union in the UK in 1908.
Do you know that purple signifies justice and dignity, green symbolises hope and white purity?
CISF Raising Day – 10 March
The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) Raising Day is observed every year on 10 March. The CISF was set up in 1969 under an act of the Parliament of India.
It works under the Union Ministry of Home Affairs and it’s headquarter is in New Delhi. This organisation works for seaways, airways and some of the major installations in India.
There are some reserved battalions in the CISF which work with the state police to protect law and orders.
No Smoking Day (Second Wednesday of March) – 11 March
No Smoking Day is observed every year on the second Wednesday of March to raise awareness about the harmful health effects of tobacco via smoking and to encourage people all over the world to quit smoking.
World Kidney Day – March 12
World Kidney Day is celebrated globally on the second Thursday of March every year. This year, World Kidney Day was celebrated on 12 March 2022.
The World Kidney Day Theme is set every year. This year, the theme of World Kidney Day has been Kidney Health for Everyone Everywhere.
Which means ‘Kidney Health for Everyone Everywhere’ or it can also be said as ‘Equal access to prevention and investigation and care’.
Mauritius Day – 12 March
Mauritius Day is celebrated annually on 12 March to mark two key events that took place in the history of the country that is independence from Britain in 1968 and it became a republic in 1992.
Pi Day – 14 March
On 14 March Pi Day is celebrated around the world. Pi is a symbol used in mathematics to represent a constant. It is the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter which is approx. 3.14.
International Day of Action for Rivers – 14 March
Every year on 14 March, International Day of Action for Rivers is observed to raise voice to protect rivers and demand for improving the policies for Rivers.
It is a day to educate one another about the threats facing our rivers and to find solutions.
World Consumer Rights Day – 15 March
It is observed on 15 March every year for raising global awareness about consumer rights and needs.
This day is a chance to demand that the rights of all consumers are respected and protected and to protest against social injustices.
National Vaccination Day – 16 March
On 16 March every year, National Vaccination Day is observed in India which is also known as National Immunisation Day (IMD).
It was first observed on 16 March, 1995 when the first dose of Oral Polio Vaccine was given. It is an attempt to increase awareness for the eradication of polio from the planet earth.
Ordnance Factories Day (India) – 18 March
On 18th March, Ordnance Factories Day is observed every year all over India. On this occasion, the Ordnance Factory, Field Gun Factory, Small Arms Factory, Ordnance Parachute Factory, and Ordnance Equipment Factory acknowledge the day.
International Day of Happiness – 20 March
International Day of Happiness is observed every year on 20 March. Since 2013, the United Nations has celebrated this day to recognise the importance of happiness in the lives of people around the world.
The UN launched the 17 Sustainable Development Goals in 2015 to end poverty, reduce inequality and protect our planet which are the three key aspects that lead to well-being and happiness.
World Sparrow Day – 20 March
World Sparrow Day is celebrated across the world on 20 March to raise awareness about the conservation of sparrows.
This day also celebrates the relationship between people and sparrows; spread a love for sparrows, awareness about their importance in our lives, etc.
World Forestry Day – 21 March
On 21st March, World Forestry Day or International Day of Forests is celebrated every year to raise public awareness about the values, significance and contributions of the forests to balance life cycle on the earth.
In 1971, World Forestry Day was established at the 23rd General Assembly of the European Confederation of Agriculture.
World Down syndrome Day – 21 March
World Down Syndrome Day is observed every year on 21st March.
Down syndrome is a naturally occurring chromosomal arrangement in human which results in variable effects on learning styles, physical characteristics or health.
The General Assembly has declared 21st March in December 2011 as World Down Syndrome Day.
World Poetry Day – 21 March
On 21st March, World Poetry Day is celebrated every year to recognise the unique ability of poetry to capture the creative spirit of the human mind.
To celebrate this day on 21st March was adopted during UNESCO’s 30th session in Paris in 1999.
World Water Day – 22 March
On 22 March, World Water Day is observed annually to raise awareness about the importance of freshwater and advocating for the sustainable management of freshwater resources.
It was recommended to celebrate in 1992 at the United Nations Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED) in Rio de Janerio. And then, in 1993 the first World Water Day is celebrated.
World Meteorological Day – 23rd March
World Meteorological Day is celebrated on 23rd March every year to attract attention towards weather and climate for the safety and wellbeing of the society.
On 23rd March, 1950, the World Meteorological Organisation came into force. The theme chosen for this day reflects topical weather, climate or water-related issues.
World Tuberculosis (TB) Day – 24 March
World TB Day is celebrated every year on 24 March annually to commemorate the date when Dr. Robert Koch announced his discovery of Mycobacterium tuberculosis, the bacillus that causes TB in 1882.
This Day is observed to educate people about TB, its impact around the world.
World Theatre Day – 27 March
World Theatre Day is celebrated on 27 March annually across the world since 1962 to raise the importance of the art form “theatre” and to act as a wakeup call for governments, politicians, and institutions which have not yet recognised its value to the people and also have not realised its potential for economic growth.
Share Now Because “Sharing is Caring”