Jobs, Employment in New York, NY : City government is filled with opportunities for talented people who want to improve their communities and make an important difference in the lives of their fellow New Yorkers.
The City hires the best person for a job regardless of your race, gender, religion, sexuality, or physical ability. Earn a competitive salary, health benefits, and a pension.
Are you interested in public health, community engagement, or disaster response? From civil engineering to forestry and technology innovation, we have it all.
The City offers a wide variety of internships and fellowships for students and recent graduates. It’s the perfect way to launch your career in government!
Every day, the City’s 325,000 employees serve millions of residents and visitors. They improve infrastructure, provide important social services, and make the city safer.
Jobs, Employment in New York, NY – Cybersecurity Senior Engineer
As a Cybersecurity Senior Engineer – Embedded Systems, you will have the opportunity to architect, implement, test, and develop OT cybersecurity solutions for embedded systems. You will lead and contribute to R&D programs aligned with GE’s businesses such as Aviation, Power, Renewables, and Healthcare as well as with U.S. Government Agencies such as the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, and the Department of Energy. The technologies developed under these programs will be matured and transitioned into GE business products. Are you ready to join our team of technology enthusiasts to help make GE’s industrial assets safer and more secure to protect our nation’s most critical infrastructure?
|Hiring Organization||GE Corporation|
|Post Name||Cybersecurity Senior Engineer|
|Qualification||Ph.D. in Computer Science|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 3500 To USD 4500 Per MONTH|
|Location||New York City, NY, United States 10001|
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with GE businesses to develop and transition cybersecurity technologies for embedded systems from early-stage lab demonstrations to fieldable prototypes.
- Work with hardware suppliers and engineering tool providers to identify the best solutions for the most challenging industrial and defense applications.
- Collaborate with universities, industrial consortiums, commercial partners, and others to advance the state of the art in OT cybersecurity for embedded systems.
- Lead and manage medium to large-sized R&D projects.
- Publish technical papers, file patents, and contribute to open-source communities.
- Assist with the development of new business by contributing to or leading external proposals.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related disciplines with a minimum of 3 years of industry experience OR Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related disciplines with a minimum of 5 years of industry experience OR Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related disciplines with a minimum of 10 years of industry experience.
- Strong embedded programming skills (e.g., C/C++, Java, Phyton, etc.).
- Experience with development of real-time embedded systems, microcontrollers, FPGAs, x86, and/or ARM processors.
- Experience with incorporating hardware-based security techniques (e.g., HSM, TPM, ARM TrustZone, Secure Boot, etc.).
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY or Washington, D.C.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com (https://wd5.myworkday.com/ge/d/inst/15$165509/www.gecareers.com) to be considered.
- Experience with embedded Linux (e.g., Yocto) and firmware development.
- Experience with Linux security and Linux driver development.
- Working knowledge of cryptographic algorithms, protocols, or standards (e.g. TLS, X.509).
- Experience with writing winning proposals in response to government solicitations.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
Also Apply for :
- New York Jobs 2022 – User Communications Associate
- Amazon Jobs 2022 | Careers as Data Engineer & Other 2K+ Vacancies
GE (NYSE:GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers. www.ge.com