In this blog, you will get the complete idea of UGC NET Exam Pattern for all the sections in an easy to understand format.
Let’s have a look at the following details in the blog:
UGC NET Exam Pattern 2021 for JRF & Assistant Professor
The first step towards the preparation of any exam is understating its structure. The NTA conducts the UGC NET exam twice a year (in June and December month) in two different shifts:
|Exam Shifts||Shift Timing|
|Shift – 1||9.30 am to 12.30 pm|
|Shift – 2||2.30 pm to 5.30 pm|
The NET paper pattern for both General Paper 1 and Paper 2 is explained in detail below.
Scheme of UGC NET Exam Paper Pattern– Understand the Paper Format!
UGC NET Exam consists of two objective type papers. Each paper has a different standard and difficulty level.
1. General Paper-I
General Aptitude Test is common for all the subjects. The questions in Paper-I are based on teaching and research aptitude that measure the candidate’s interpretation skill. It consists of Reasoning Ability, Reading Comprehension, Mental Ability, General Awareness, etc.
You can check the complete UGC NET Syllabus for paper-I here.
The Paper-II is a subject-based paper which consists of 100 MCQ type questions (Multiple choices with a single correct answer), each of two marks.
Paper-II covers the entire syllabus of the master’s degree subject selected by the candidate. The candidates must have deep knowledge of their opted subjects to qualify the exam.
Here is the marking scheme and duration of paper 1 and paper 2:
|Paper||Marks||Number of Questions||Duration|
|I||100||50||3 Hours (180 minutes)Without any break.|
1. For each correct response, the candidate will get 2 marks in both Paper I & II.
2. There is no negative marking for incorrect response. Therefore candidates are advised to attempt all the UGC NET questions.
3. No marks will be given for questions Unanswered/Marked for Review.
4. All the questions are compulsory.
5. If a question is found to be incorrect/ambiguous during the key challenge, only those candidates who have attempted the question and chosen one of the correct answers would be given the credit.
6. Only for dropped question(s), if any, marks will be given to all the candidates.
|Official Website||Click Here|
Check UGC NET 2021 RELATED LINKS
- CSIR UGC NET June 2021 – Notificatio Apply Now
- UGC NET Answer Key 2021 | Question Papers
- UGC NET Admit Card 2021 | Hall Ticket
- Syllabus for UGC NET 2021 | Subject- Wise Updated Syllabus
- UGC NET Result 2021 | UGC NET Score Card, Cut Off
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) About UGC NET Exam Pattern
Below, we have mentioned some common questions that are generally asked by the aspirants who are preparing for the exam. Check them below –
Question – What is the exam pattern for UGC NET 2021?
Solution – You can check UGC NET Paper Pattern for 2021 session from here.
Question – What is the duration of the UGC-NET 2021 Exam?
Solution – As per the exam pattern, both the Papers will be conducted in a single three-hour duration but for PwD Candidates, there will be extra time of 20 minutes for Paper-I and 40 minutes for Paper-II in case the aspirant is availing the facility of the scribe.
Question – Is there any negative marking in the exam?
Solution – No, there is no negative marking in both Paper-I and Paper-II. We would recommend you to attempt all the questions in the NTA NET Exam.
Question – What is the mode of NET Examination in 2021, online or offline?
Solution – The NET 2021 Exam will be conducted in online mode (Computer Based Test) only.
We hope the above information will help you in understanding the paper format in a better way.
If you have any doubts regarding the exam, then ask here in the comments section below. We will provide you the best possible answer as soon as possible.