SSC CGL Exam Notifications: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has published notification for the recruitment of Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam 2020 Vacancies in Group B & C. Those Candidates who are interested in the vacancy details & completed all eligibility criteria can read the notification & apply online.
Details of SSC CGL Recruitment 2021
|Organization Name||Staff Selection Commission|
|Advt No||F. No. 3/4/2020-P&P-I (Vol.-I)|
|Exam Name||Combined Graduate Level Examination 2020|
|Job Name||Assistant Audit officer, Assistant Accounts Officer, Assistant Section Officer, Assistant, Inspector, Assistant Enforcement Officer, Sub Inspector,Assistant/ Superintendent, Divisional Accountant, Junior Statistical Officer, Auditor, Accountant, Accountant/ Jr. Accountant, Senior Secretariat Assistant/ Upper Division Clerk & Tax Assistant|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Starting Date for Submission of online application||29.12.2020|
|Last Date for Submission of online application||31.01.2021|
|Last date for online payment||02.02.2021|
|Last date for Challan Generation||04.02.2021|
|Last date for Payment through Challan||06.02.2021|
|CBT (Tier 1) Date||29.05.2021 to 07.06.2021|
SSC CGL Result and Exam Date 2021
SSC CGL Exam Notification 2021 | Combined Graduate Level Examination | Assistant, AAO, ASO & Other Posts | Total Vacancies 6506 | Last Date 31.01.2021 | SSC CGL Recruitment Notification @ www.ssc.nic.in
SSC CGL Exam Notification 2021: Staff Selection Commission is going to conduct the Combined Graduate Level Examination 2020 for filling up of various Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ posts i.e. Assistant Audit officer, Assistant Accounts Officer, Assistant Section Officer, Assistant, Inspector, Assistant Enforcement Officer, Sub Inspector,Assistant/ Superintendent, Divisional Accountant, Junior Statistical Officer, Auditor, Accountant, Accountant/ Jr. Accountant, Senior Secretariat Assistant/ Upper Division Clerk & Tax Assistant in different Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations. As per the SSC CGL Recruitment Notification, there are 6506 Vacancies are filled by Staff Selection Commission. Applicants who are seeking jobs in central govt those aspirants will make the online registration from 29.12.2020. The last date for submission of online application is 31.01.2021.
SSC CGL Exam Notifications – Combined Graduate Level Online Form 2021 Apply Before 31.01.2021
The SSC conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam for recruitment to various subordinate services that are mentioned below:
• Assistants in Ministries/Departments, Attached and Subordinate office of the Govt. of India.
• Inspectors of Central Excise & Customs.
• Inspectors of Income Tax.
• Preventive Officers in Customs.
• Examiner in Customs.
• Sub-Inspectors in Central Bureau of Narcotics & CBI.
• Assistant Enforcement Officer in Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue.
• Divisional Accountant, Jr. Accountant, Auditor & UDCs in various offices of Govt. of India.
• Auditor Offices under C&AG, CGDA, CGA & others.
• Accountant/ Junior Accountant
• Tax Assistant in CBDT and CBEC
• Compiler in Registrar General of India.
SSC CGL 2021 Exam Overview
Applicants who are seeking jobs in central govt those aspirants will make the online registration from 29.12.2020. The last date for submission of online application is 31.01.2021.
|Exam Name||SSC CGL|
|SSC CGL Full Form||Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
Tier 1 – 60 minutes, Tier 2 – 120 minutes, Tier 3 – 60 minutes, Tier 4 – 45 minutes
In Tier 1: 4 Sections | In Tier 2 :4 Sections
SSC CGL Vacancy 2021
The Vacancy for SSC CGL 2019-20 exam has been released. For 2020, there are a total of 8582 Vacancies out of which 3674 vacancies are for the General category of candidates. There has been a decrease in the no. of vacancies as compared to SSC CGL 2018-19. Check the SSC CGL Vacancy Comparision Year wise to get an idea of the trend in the vacancy.
|SSC CGL Vacancy 2019-20||UR- 3674||SC- 1242||ST-667||OBC-2198||Total–8582|
|SSC CGL Vacancy 2018-19||UR- 5770||SC- 1723||ST-845||OBC-2933||Total–11271|
|SSC CGL Vacancy 2017||UR- 4238||SC- 1318||ST-653||OBC-1916||Total–9276|
SSC CGL 2021: Eligibility Criteria
All the aspiring candidates of SSC CGL 2020 have to abide by all the Eligibility Criteria Decided by the Commission.
- Candidate of SSC CGL must be Citizen of either India or Nepal or Bhutan. If a candidate is the citizen of Nepal or Bhutan shall have a Certificate of Eligibility issued by the Government of India in favor of him/her.
2. Educational Qualification
|SSC CGL Post||Educational Qualification|
|Assistant Audit Officer||Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University
Desirable Qualification: CA/CS/MBA/Cost &
Management Accountant/ Masters in Commerce/
Masters in Business Studies
|Statistical Investigator Grade-II Post||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University
with a minimum of 60% in Mathematics in Class 12th
Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Statistics as
one of the subjects in graduation
|Compiler Posts||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University
with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as
compulsory or Elective Subject
|All Other Posts||Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a
recognized University or equivalent
3. Age Limit
The age limit for the SSC CGL as per the post is given below.
|CSS||20-30 years||Assistant Section Officer|
|Intelligence Bureau||Not exceeding 30 Years||Assistant Section Officer|
|Directorate of Enforcement,
Department of Revenue
|Up to 30 years||Assistant Enforcement Officer|
|M/o of Statistics & Prog.
|Up to 32 years||Junior Statistical Officer|
|NIA||Up to 30 years||Sub Inspector|
|CBI||20-30 years||Sub Inspector|
|Narcotics||18-25 years||Sub Inspector|
|CBEC||20-27 years||Tax Assistant|
|Department of Post||18-30 years||Inspector|
|Other departments||18-27 years||All other posts|
- SSC CGL 2020 Age Relaxation: As per government guidelines age relaxation in SSC CGL is given in the table below:
|PH + OBC||13 years|
|PH + SC/ST||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (Gen)||3 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 years|
Application Fee For SSC CGL
SSC CGL 2020 Application Fee: The Application Fee for SSC CGL as per the categories is given below:
SSC CGL 2021: Selection Process
The SSC CGL Exam is conducted in four stages: || Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3 and Tier 4. ||
- Tier-I: Computer Based Examination
- Tier-II: Computer Based Examination
- Tier-III: Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive paper)
- Computer Proficiency Test/ Data Entry Skill Test (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification
The candidates who secure the SSC CGL Cut-off in Tier I will be able to appear for the Tier II Exam.
• Separate cut-offs will be fixed for Paper-III of Tier-II (i.e. for the post of JSO and Statistical Investigator Grade-II), Paper-IV of Tier-II (i.e. for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer and Assistant Accounts Officer) and for Paper-I + Paper-II of Tier-II (i.e. for all other posts).
• Tier-II and Tier-III Examinations will be conducted for all the candidates qualified in Tier-I.
• In Tier-II, all the candidates will be required to appear in Paper-I and Paper-II. However, only specific candidates shortlisted for the posts of JSO/ Statistical Investigator and Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer will be required to appear in Paper-III and Paper-IV respectively.
SSC CGL 2021: Exam Pattern
SSC CGL Exam Pattern is explained in the tables below. SSC CGL 2020 comprises of four Tiers. Tier-I is mainly screening and scoring exams. Tier-II is the merit deciding Tier.
|Tier||Type of Examination||Mode of examination|
|Tier-I||Objective Multiple Choice||CBT (Online)|
|Tier-II||Objective Multiple Choice||CBT (Online)|
|Tier-III||Descriptive Paper in Hindi/ English||Pen and Paper Mode|
|Tier-IV||Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test||Wherever Applicable|
The SSC CGL Tier I and Tier II + Tier III are scheduled to be held from 03rd to 09th March 2020 and 22nd to 25th June 2020 respectively. The elaborated Exam Pattern of Tier I and Tier II of SSC CGL Recruitment 2020 are given in the table below. It is important for candidates to know every bit of exam pattern to prepare well for every section of the examination.
|I||General Intelligence and
|25||50||60 Minutes (Total)|
|II||Paper-I: Quantitative Abilities||100||200||120 Minutes
(for each Paper)
|Paper-II: English Language and
|Paper-IV: General Studies
(Finance and Economics)
After qualifying Tier-I of SSC CGL Examination. Candidates have to appear for Tier-II & Tier-III after these qualified candidates will appear for Tier-IV. SSC CGL Tier-II & Tier III is scheduled to be held from 22nd and 25th June 2020. The Exam Pattern of SSC CGL Tier-III and Tier IV are explained in the table below.
|Tier||Mode of Examination||Scheme of Examination||Maximum Marks||Time Allowed|
|III||Pen and Paper Mode||Descriptive Paper in
English or Hindi
(Writing of Essay/ Precis/
Letter/ Application etc.)
|Proficiency in Word Processing,
Generation of Slides and
|No Marks||Not mentioned|
Students must note down that Tier III is scoring and qualifying in nature while Tier IV is only qualifying in nature. You have to do well in all the Tiers of SSC CGL Examination. Candidates can check the detailed exam pattern and Syllabus on our website by clicking on the link provided below.
Marking Scheme For SSC CGL Exam
Normalization: Marks scored by candidates in Tier-I and Tier-II examinations, if conducted in multiple shifts, will be normalized and such normalized scores will be treated as final and will be used for qualifying the candidates to next stage of examination and to determine final merit.
- SSC CGL 2020 Tier 1 and Tier 2 exam will be conducted in online mode.
- The time duration of Tier-1 will be 60 minutes.
- The time duration of Tier-2 will be 120 minutes. 60 minutes each for English & Quants.
- Tier-3 will be a descriptive paper of 100 marks within 60 minutes in pen and paper mode.
- No Sectional Cut off
- No Interviews: Interview component has been dispensed with. There will, therefore, be no interview
- Skill Test: The Skill Test will be of qualifying nature
- Final Merit List: The merit will be prepared on overall performance in Tier-I, Tier-II, and Tier-III.However, the candidate will need to qualify all the tiers i.e Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III separately
- Minimum Mark Required for Descriptive: Only those candidates who secure at least the minimum qualifying marks in the written examination as may be fixed by the Commission at its discretion will be eligible to appear in the SKILL TEST.
- Minimum qualifying marks in Tier-I, each Paper of Tier-II and Tier-III Examination are as follows:
OBC/ EWS: 25%
SSC CGL 2021: Document Verification
All the candidates qualified for Document Verification are required to come for Document Verification. Those who fail to do so will not be considered for any post at the time of final selection. Candidates will have to submit copies of various documents like Matriculation Certificate, educational qualification, caste certificate, relevant document, if any relaxation is taken, etc. Candidates will be required to produce all documents in original for verification at the time of document verification. Information about the required documents will be provided while calling candidates for DV. Detailed options for posts will be taken either online or at the time of document verification.
SSC CGL 2021: Syllabus
SSC CGL 2021 Paper-1 comprises four Sections/Subjects that are mentioned below:
- General Knowledge
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Reasoning
- English Comprehension
Let’s have a look at the detailed syllabus of all these 4 sections:
|General Reasoning||General Knowledge||Quantitative Aptitude||English Comprehension|
|Verbal Reasoning||Current Affairs||Percentage||Reading Comprehension|
|Syllogism||Awards and Honours||Number Series||Grammar|
|Circular Seating Arrangement||Books and Authors||Data Interpretation||Vocabulary|
|Linear Seating Arrangement||Sports||Mensuration and Geometry||Verbal Ability|
|Double Lineup||Entertainment||Quadratic Equation||Synonyms-Antonyms|
|Scheduling||Obituaries||Interest||Active and Passive Voice|
|Input Output||Important Dates||Problems of Ages||Para Jumbles|
|Blood Relations||Scientific Research||Profit and Loss||Fill in the Blanks|
|Directions and Distances||Static General Knowledge
(History, Geography, etc.)
|Ratio and Proportions &
Mixture and Alligation
|Ordering and Ranking||Portfolios||Speed, Distance and Time||Cloze Test|
|Data Sufficiency||Persons in News||Time and Work|
|Coding and Decoding||Important Schemes||Number System|
|Code Inequalities||Data Sufficiency|
Prerequisites for SSC CGL 2021 Application Form:
Important things which you should keep with you while filling the Application Form:
- Scanned copy of your Signature ( 1kb < Size < 12 kb ) in JPG format.
- Scanned copy of your Photo ( 4 kb < Size < 20kb ) in JPG format.
- You should have a valid E-Mail I.D with you which can be used for registration purposes.
- You should have a valid Identity Proof with you.
Instructions to fill SSC CGL Application Form 2020
- Click on the link mentioned above and you will be redirected to the SSC official site directly.
- A page will be opened where you will get the registration and login form.
- If you are already registered for SSC Exams, then fill the login details to apply for SSC CGL. But if you are not registered, then first you need to fill the registration form.
- After login, go to “Apply Now” and fill all the required details i.e Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Education Qualification, Address, educational qualifications, and all the degrees you hold, etc.
- After that Fill in your communication address and Upload your Photo and signature.
- Before submitting the form, preview your details.
- Once you submit the form, the next step is to pay your fee. The application fee is acceptable in online and offline modes.
- Pay your fee through Debit/Credit card/Net Banking/E-Challan if applicable.
- Click on submit and Your form will be submitted successfully.
- Your Online SSC CGL 2020 application process is completed and you can take a print out of the application form for further use
SSC CGL 2021: New Changes
- Minimum qualifying marks in Tier-I, each Paper of Tier-II and Tier-III Examination are as follows:
OBC/ EWS : 25%
- Tier-II and Tier-III Examinations will be conducted for all the candidates qualified in Tier-I.
- In Tier-II, all the candidates will be required to appear in Paper-I and Paper-II.
- However, only specific candidates shortlisted for the posts of JSO/ Statistical Investigator and Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer will be required to appear in Paper-III and Paper-IV respectively.
- The exam date for Tier 2 & Tier 3 was 22.06.2020 to 25.06.2020, which are going to be revised after the lockdown will be over.
- Only for those candidates who had Qualified Tier II, Tier III sheet will be evaluated.
- Based on the aggregate performance of qualified candidates in Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III Examinations, candidates will be shortlisted for Document Verification and Skill Tests i.e. Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) and Data Entry Skill Test (DEST).
- Skill Tests are mandatory but qualifying in nature. If a candidate does not appear in Skill Test or fails to qualify the Skill Test, he/ she will not be eligible for the posts where CPT/ DEST is mandatory.
- Preference of posts will be taken from the candidates either online before DV or at the time of Document Verification
SSC CGL 2021 Admit Card
SSC is going to release the Admit Card of SSC CGL 2020-21 will be released 4-5 days before the exam.
SSC CGL Result 2021
- SSC CGL Result has released the result of SSC CGL Tier 1 in June 2020.
- Minimum qualifying marks in SSC CGL Tier I and Tier II are as follows:
OBC/ EWS: 25%
All other categories: 20%
- On the basis of their performance in all the Tiers, candidates will be shortlisted for appearing in Medical Examination. Candidates, who are successful in Medical Examination, will be called for detailed Document Verification.
- Marks scored by candidates in Computer Based Examination will be normalized and such normalized scores will be used to determine final merit and cut off marks.
SSC CGL 2021: Exam Centre
A candidate must indicate the Center(s) in the online Application Form in which he/ she desires to take the examination. Details about the Examination Centers and Regional Offices under whose jurisdiction these Examination Centers are located are as follows:
|Examination Centers &
|SSC Region and
States/ UTs under
the jurisdiction of
|Address of the Regional
Bareilly(3005), Gorakhpur(3007) ,
|Central Region (CR)/
Bihar and Uttar
|Regional Director (CR),
21-23, Lowther Road,
(WB)(4403), Chinsurah (4405),
Sambalpur(4609), Port Blair (4802)
|Eastern Region (ER)/
Sikkim and West
|Regional Director (ER),
1st MSO Building,(8th
|Regional Director (KKR),
Commission, 1st Floor,
“E” Wing, Kendriya
|Dy. Director (MPR),
J-5, Anupam Nagar,
|Northern Region (NR)/
NCT of Delhi,
|Regional Director (NR),
Staff Selection Commission,
Block No. 12,
CGO Complex, Lodhi
Road, New Delhi-110003
Dodda (1009), Hamirpur(1202),
Shimla(1203), Bathinda (1401),
and Kashmir and
|Dy. Director (NWR),
Block No. 3, Ground
Floor, Kendriya Sadan,
|Southern Region (SR)/
|Regional Director (SR),
Commission, 2nd Floor, EVK
College Road, Chennai,
Nagpur(7205), Nanded (7206),
Dadra and Nagar
Haveli, Daman and
Diu, Goa, Gujarat
|Regional Director (WR),
The commission,1st Floor,
101, Maharshi Karve
|Regional Director (NER),
Road, P. O. Assam
SSC CGL 2020 Resolution of Tie Cases
In the event of a tie in scores of candidates in Tier-I+Teir-II+Tier-III examinations, merit will be decided by applying the following criteria, one after another, till the tie is resolved:
- Total marks of the Tier-II Examination.
- Total marks in Tier-III Examination.
- Total marks in Tier-I Examination.
- Date of birth, with older candidate, placed higher.
- Alphabetical order in which the first names of the candidates appear.
SSC CGL: Educational Qualification Code
|Educational Qualification Code||Code|
|AMIE (Part A & Part B)||15|
|Graduation issued by Defence (Indian Army, Air Force,Navy)||19|
|M. Sc. (Engg.)||32|
About Staff Selection Commission
Staff Selection Commission shortly SSC is an Indian government agency to recruit staffs. Staff Selection Commission is further divided into several regional offices such as Northern Region (SSCNR), Eastern Region (SSCER), Western Region (SSCWR), Central Region (SSCCR), Southern Region (SSCSR), North Eastern Region (SSCNER), North Western Region (SSCNWR), Madhya Pradesh Region (SSCMPR) and Karnataka Kerala region (SSCKKR). SSC has been functioning since 4th November 1975 nearly 41 years ago. Headquarter of SSC has been located in New Delhi until now. The main role of Staff selection commission is to recruit staffs for the central government under various departments, ministries and also subordinate offices.