SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2020 exam is conducted for recruitment to Stenographer Grade C (Group B Non-Gazetted) and Stenographer Grade D (Group C) for various ministries/ departments/ organisations in the Government of India. The notification and application form for the recruitment exam has released on October 10. The last date for submitting the application form is November 4.
Many candidates with stenography skills look for this recruitment throughout the year as it provides a great opportunity. The job makes it worth it with the number of benefits one gets in this post. Aspirants can go through the complete article and know about the eligibility criteria, selection procedure and everything related to the recruitment.
- 1 SSC Stenographer 2020 Recruitment Short Notification
- 2 SSC Stenographer Recruitment Eligibility
- 3 How to Apply SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2020-21?
- 4 SSC Stenographer 2020 Important Links
- 5 SSC Stenographer 2019 Notification
- 6 SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern
- 7 SSC Stenographer 2020 Syllabus
- 8 SSC Stenographer Selection Procedure
- 9 Important Phases of SSC Stenographer Selection Process
- 10 SSC Stenographer Salary Structure
- 11 Upcoming SSC Jobs Notification
- 12 SSC Stenographer 2020 FAQs
SSC Stenographer 2020 Recruitment Short Notification
SSC Stenographer Application Fee
- For Others: Rs.100/-
- For SC/ST/PWD/ Women/ ESM candidates: Nill
- Payment Mode (Online/ Offline): SBI Challan/ Net Banking by using Visa, Master Card, Maestro, RuPay Credit/ Debit Card, BHIM UPI
SSC Stenographer Recruitment Important Dates
- Start Date to Apply Online: 10-10-2020
- Last Date to Apply Online: 04-11-2020 (23:30)
- Last date for making online fee payment: 06-11-2020 (23:30)
- Last date for generation of offline Challan: 08-11-2020 (23:30)
- Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank): 10-11-2020
- Date of Computer Based Examination: 29 to 31-03-2021
SSC Stenographer Recruitment Eligibility
- 12th Standard/ equivalent exam from a recognized Board or University with Typing Knowledge of English/ Hindi
Age Limit (as on 01-08-2020)
- Minimum Age: 18 Years
- Maximum Age for Stenographer Gr-C: 30 Years
- Maximum Age for Stenographer Gr-D: 27 Years
- Age relaxation is admissible for SC/ST/OBC/ PWD/ ExSM & Other candidates as per rules.
SSC Stenographer Recruitment Vacancy Details
|Stenographer Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’||–|
How to Apply SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2020-21?
Candidates need to follow the steps below to fill the application form.
Part I: One-Time Registration
- For one-time registration, candidates need to click on ‘Register Now’ provided in the login section
- While registering, candidates need to enter basic details, additional details & contact details and upload scanned images of photograph and signature
- Candidates need to provide information regarding Aadhaar Number/Identity Card number
- Candidates have to enter the name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, details of Class 10 exam, level of highest educational qualification
- Provide a valid mobile number, email ID, address
- When the basic details are saved, candidates are required to confirm their mobile number and email ID
- On confirmation, registration number and password will be generated. The same will be sent to candidate’s registered mobile number and email ID
- Candidates need to login to fill other details like category, nationality, etc
- Upload the scanned images of photograph and signature
- Upon clicking ‘Final Submit’ different OTPs will be sent to candidates registered mobile number
- Candidates need to enter the OTPs at the required field to complete the registration process
- Read the declaration carefully and click ‘I Agree’ button
Register for SSC Stenographer 2020 exam – https://ssc.nic.in/Registration/Home
Part-II: Filling online application form
- Candidates need to login with registration number and password
- Click ‘Apply’ link in ‘Stenographer Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’ Examination 2020’ section under the latest notifications tab
- Candidates need to provide details of SSC Stenographer exam centres. They need to send preferences of three centres in the order of preference
- The select the medium of test: English or Hindi
- Candidates need to select the post
- After entering details, candidates need to click on ‘I Agree’ checkbox
- Candidates need to proceed to pay the application fees
- The application fee is Rs 100 (Women, SC, ST, PWD, Ex-Servicemen candidates are exempted from fee payment). The fee can be paid using BHIM UPI, Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit card or in cash
- When the application is successfully submitted, it will be accepted provisionally
- Candidates should take the printout of the application form for their own record
Documents required to fill SSC Stenographer
Candidates must keep the following details ready to fill the SSC Stenographer application form.
- Mobile number
- Email ID
- Aadhaar number
- Admit card and marksheet of Class 10
- Scanned images of photograph and signature
SSC Stenographer 2020 Important Links
| Candidates Can Read Full Notification Before Apply Online
|Apply Online||Registration | Login|
|Official Website||Click here|
SSC Stenographer 2019 Notification
The Staff Selection Commission will announce the recruitment of Grade C and D employees through SSC Stenographer Notification 2020. According to an official communication released in the year 2019, the expected SSC Stenographer Notification Release Date for 2020 exam was August 4, 2020. It looks like the candidates who want to take the SSC Stenographer Exam 2020 have to wait for more. However, the candidates who filled the application form in the year 2019 will be able to take the exam this year. The exam is rescheduled for the third time to happen in November this year. The number of vacancies is yet to be announced by the Staff Service Commission. SSC Stenographer Notification PDF Download has been enabled on the official website for 2019-20 exam.
SSC Stenographer Official Notification 2020 is yet to be released, and the delay was caused due to the pandemic in the country.
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern
The SSC Stenographer 2020 examination will be conducted in 2 different levels. The first level is Grade C and D exam that comprises of MCQs and is conducted online. After this exam has been conducted, an exam to test your skill sets in various domains is conducted by SSC.
a) The details of Computer Based Examination for SSC Stenographer 2020 Grade C and D are mentioned below:
|Section Asked||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Allotted|
|General Awareness||50||50||2 Hours|
|English Language and Comprehension||100||100|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50|
Question paper will be of Objective Type Multiple Choice. Questions will be set in Hindi and English except for Part-III.
There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the question.
Marks scored by candidates in the Computer Based Examinations, if conducted in multiple shifts, will be normalized and such normalized scores will be used to determine final merit.
b) Skill Test in Stenography:
Candidates who obtain the qualifying marks in the Examination as may be prescribed by the Commission will be called for the Skill Test. Commission may also prescribe qualifying marks in each part of the Examination. The Skill Test will be of qualifying nature and the Commission will fix the qualifying standards in the Skill Test for different categories of candidates.
The candidates will have to appear for the Skill Test in Stenography. The candidates will be given one dictation for 10 minutes in English/ Hindi at the speed of 100 word per minute (w.p.m) for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and 80 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘D’. The matter will have to be transcribed on computer. The transcription time is as follows:
|Post||Language of Skill Test||Time Duration (in minutes)||Time Duration (in minutes) for the candidates who are allowed use of scribe in the CBE (Para-7)|
|Stenographer Grade ‘D’||English||50||70|
|Stenographer Grade ‘D’||Hindi||65||90|
|Stenographer Grade ‘C’||English||40||55|
|Stenographer Grade ‘C’||Hindi||55||75|
Candidates who opt to take the Stenography Test in Hindi will be required to learn English Stenography and vice versa after their appointment, failing which their probation may not be cleared by appointing departments. Candidates have to work as English/ Hindi stenographers as per the functional requirement of the User Office irrespective of the medium of Skill Test of candidate during the examination.
The skill test will be held at the Commission’s Regional/ Sub Regional Offices or at other Centre(s) as may be decided by the Commission.
Detailed instructions regarding Skill Test will be sent by the concerned Regional/ Sub Regional Offices of the Commission to the candidates called for the Skill Test.
SSC Stenographer 2020 Syllabus
The revised syllabus for SSC Stenographer 2020 was released by SSC in its notification. The syllabus for SSC Stenographer is different for both the stages of examination and it is mandatory for students to know the entire syllabus in order to prepare effectively for SSC Stenographer 2020. General Awareness, General Intelligence/Reasoning and English Language are the three major sections a candidate need to proficient in for Paper-1 of SSC Stenographer 2020 Exam.
|General Awareness||English Language and Comprehension||General Intelligence and Reasoning|
|Current Affairs||Synonyms-Antonyms||Visual Memory|
|Awards and Honours||Sentence Structure||Blood Relation|
|Scientific Research||Reading Comprehension||Syllogism|
|History||Para Jumbles||Decision making|
|Important Dates||Problem Solving Skills|
SSC Stenographer Selection Procedure
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has published the official notification to conduct the SSC Stenographer Exam 2020. As per the revised notice, the new dates for the exam are November 16 to November 18, 2020. The notification has also released the SSC Stenographer Selection Process 2020 and the SSC Stenographer Exam pattern. Candidates planning to take this exam must have stenography skills and must meet all eligibility criteria listed by the Staff Selection Commission in this respect. Below you will find all details regarding the SSC Stenographer Selection Process 2020
Important Phases of SSC Stenographer Selection Process
As per SSC’s official notification, the SSC Stenographer Selection Process 2020 consists of three stages. They are;-
- Stage 1: Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Stage 2: Skill Test in Stenography
- Stage 3: Document Verification
The first step of the SSC Stenographer Selection Process 2020 is filling the application form. After successful submission, all the applicants have to appear for the computer-based examination or CBT. This paper of the post of Stenographer will have Multiple Choice Questions. The exam will have 4 sections, namely, General Intelligence and Reasoning (50 marks), General Awareness (50 marks), English Language and Comprehension (100 marks). The total time for answering a total of 200 questions in the CBT is 2 hours.
The candidates who qualify are required to sit for the Skill Test. The purpose of the Skill Test is to test the typing speed of the candidate. The qualifying typing speed for different grades is different. Grade C Stenographers have to type of 100 words per minute on the computer. However, the words per minute for the Stenographer Grade D candidates are 80.
Once the candidate qualifies both the CBT and the Skill Test, he/she moves on to the Document verification stage. Only if a candidate’s documents are found correct shall he/she be given the offer letter.
SSC Stenographer Salary Structure
All of us put our best efforts to our respective jobs and wait for a decent SSC Stenographer Salary Slip at the end of the month. All the information you need to know about the salary structure is given in the below table –
Stenographer Salary Structure
5200 – 20200
4200 0r 4600 (Pay Grade 2)
2400 (Pay grade 1)
SSC Stenographer Basic Pay
There are some allowances given to SSC Stenographers in addition to the basic salary. They are as follows.
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
- Transport Allowance (TA)
- House Rent Allowance (HRA)
Upcoming SSC Jobs Notification
- SSC MTS Syllabus 2022, Exam Pattern, Download PDF
- SSC MTS Recruitment 2022, Registration, Application Form, Exam Date
- SSC CGL Recruitment 2022 – Apply Online for Various Vacancy
- SSC CHSL Recruitment Notification 2022 – Apply DEO & Other Vacancies Check Exam Date, Exam Pattern, Syllabus
- SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2020-21 : Grade C and D Notification Out
- SSC Stenographer Exam Dates 2020-2021