1. ONSLAUGHT (NOUN): (हमला):
Synonyms: assault, onset
Antonyms: defense, repulsion
The onslaught was unleashed on the day that G8 world leaders met at Gleneagles.
2. PROXIMITY (NOUN): (निकटता):
Synonyms: nearness, presence
His close proximity sent her heart racing.
3. APATHY (NOUN): (उदासीनता):
Synonyms: unconcern, passivity
Antonyms: enthusiasm, interest
Widespread apathy among students was hard to witness.
4. CONVALESCE (VERB): (अच्छा हो जाना): recover
Synonyms: recuperate, get well
He spent eight months convalescing after the stroke.
5. SPURT (NOUN): (उछाल): spray
Synonyms: squirt, spout
A brief spurt of tears gushed into her eyes.
6. RECUMBENT (NOUN): (समतल): flat
Synonyms: lying, horizontal
Antonyms: erect, standing
They are not recumbent, and the hair falling from the head is curled.
7. INCUMBENT (ADJECTIVE): (पदधारी): present
Synonyms: current, existing
Antonyms: past, future
The incumbent President was defeated.
8. SHUN (VERB): (टालना): avoid
Synonyms: evade, eshew
Antonyms: accept, welcome
He shunned fashionable society.
9. AMELIORATE (VERB): (सुधार होना):
Synonyms: enhance, better
The reform did much to ameliorate living standards.
10. OUTRAGE (NOUN): (उल्लंघन करना):
Synonyms: infuriate, enrage
The public were outraged at the brutality involved.
11. CONGREGATE (VERB): (एकत्रित होना): gather
Synonyms: assemble, collect
12. EXTENSIVE (ADJECTIVE): (व्यापक): large
Synonyms: large-scale, sizeable
He has an extensive garden in his bungalow.
13. THWART (VERB): (विफल करना): foil
Synonyms: frustrate, balk
Antonyms: assist, facilitate
The government had been able to thwart opposition leaders to form new parties.
14. EPIDEMIC (ADJECTIVE): (व्याप्त): rife
Synonyms: rampant, widespread
Antonyms: limited, local
Shoplifting has reached epidemic regions.
15. EMINENTLY (ADVERB): (उत्कृष्ट रूप से): very
Synonyms: greatly, highly
It is an eminently readable textbook.
16. CALAMITOUS (ADJECTIVE): (विनाशकारी): catastrophic
Synonyms: disastrous, devastating
Antonyms: fortunate, successful
A calamitous fire swept through the museum.
17. DEPLOY (VERB): (तैनात करना): post
Synonyms: position, station
Forces were deployed at desired locations.
18. PRETERNATURAL (ADJECTIVE): (ग़ैरमामूली): extraordinary
Synonyms: exceptional, unusual
Antonyms: ordinary, natural
Autumn had arrived with preternatural speed.
19. LOOP (VERB): (लच्छा बनाना): coil
Synonyms: wind, twist
She looped her arms around his neck.
20. INVOKE (VERB): (उद्धृत करना): cite
Synonyms: adduce, instance
The antiquated defence of insanity is
|TODAY’S THE HINDU NEWSPAPER PDF DOWNLOD NOW|
|TODAY’S THE HINDU ANALYSIS PDF DOWNLOAD NOW|
THE HINDU EDITORIAL is one of the important sessions to read and to practice as english section is considered as the one which cannot be cracked. Break the Myth by preparing for the English Language section in various exams like SBI PO 2020, SBI Clerk 2020, IBPS PO 2020, IBPS CLERK 2020 and many others.
These topics are widely expected to be asked in the reading comprehension, Cloze Test or Error Detection in the forthcoming exams. So gear up your Exam preparation and learn new words daily.
I hope, this article about Daily The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary 01 Apr 2020 GKTodayJobAlert in Hindi is very informative for you.
Share Now “Sharing is Caring”