UPSC CGS Recruitment 2020: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has Released Notification for the Recruitment of Combined Geo-Scientist Preliminary Examination 2021 For Chemist & Scientist Group A & Group B Vacancies 40 Posts in Mains Department. The Union Public Service Commission will hold a Computer Based Screening Test for selection to Combined Geo-Scientist (Main) Examination, 2021 through Combined Geo-Scientist (Preliminary) Examination, 2021 which will be held on 21st February 2021. the Last Date for Online Application is 21 October 2020.
combined geo-scientist & geologist exam, upsc combined geo-scientist & geologist exam, upsc cgs & geologist,upsc jobs,upsc results,
- 1 UPSC CGS Recruitment 2020 Online Application Form
- 2 UPSC CGS Recruitment 2020 Short Notification
- 3 UPSC Geologist & Geo-Scientist Exam Syllabus
- 4 UPSC Geologist & Geo-Scientist Exam Selection Process
- 5 UPSC Geologist & Geo-Scientist Exam Pattern
- 6 UPSC CGS Recruitment FAQs
- 7 Latest Govt Jobs Notifications | Upcoming Govt Jobs
UPSC CGS Recruitment 2020 Online Application Form
UPSC CGS Recruitment 2020 Online Application Form: Those Candidates are Eligible & Interested in the UPSC Govt Jobs Notification 2020 Check Complete Details like Number of Post, Eligibility, Education Qualification, Age Limit, Application Fee, Selection Process, Exam Syllabus, Exam Date given below. For More Details of UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist Examination 2020 Read Full Notification & Apply Online.
UPSC CGS Recruitment 2020 Short Notification
|UPSC CGS Recruitment 2020-2021|
|Name of Organization||Union Public Service Commission|
|Post Name||Chemist & Scientist Group A & B|
|Total Number of Vacancies||40 Posts|
|Online Application Starting Date||07 October 2020|
|Online Application Closing Date||27 October 2020|
|Job Location||All India|
|Selection Process||Prelims & Mains Examination Interview|
- Starting Date to Apply Online: 07-10-2020
- Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 27-10-2020 till 18.00 Hours
- Online Applications can be Withdrawn: From 04 to 10-11-2020 till 18.00 Hours
- Date for Preliminary Exam: 21-02-2021
- Date for Main Exam: 17 & 18-07-2021
- Candidates should pay Rs. 200/-
- Pay the fee by remitting the money in any Branch of Visa/ Master/ RuPay Credit/ Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI.
- Female/ SC/ST/ Persons with Benchmark Disability Candidates are exempted from payment.
Age Limit (as on 01-01-2021)
- Minimum: 21 Years
- Maximum: 32 Years
- Age relaxation is applicable as per rules
- For More information regarding Age please refer the notification.
|Chemist, Group A||15||M.Sc (Chemistry)|
|Scientist ‘B’ (Hydrogeology), Group A||16||Master’s Degree (Geology/ Applied/ Marine/ Hydrogeology)|
|Scientist ‘B’ (Chemical), Group A||03||M.Sc (Chemistry)|
|Scientist ‘B’ (Geophysics), Group A||06||Master’s Degree (Physics/ Geophysics)|
Candidates will Selection for Combined Geo-Scientist Recruitment 2020 Based on Preliminary, Mains Written Examination and Interview.
How To Apply:
Candidates are required to apply online only by using the Union Public Service Commission Official Website www.upsconline.nic.in. before 27 October 2020.
|Candidates Can Read the Full Notification Before Apply Online|
|Apply Online||Part I | Part II|
|Official Website||Click Here|
|Download Mobile App||Click Here|
UPSC Geologist & Geo-Scientist Exam Syllabus
UPSC Geologist & Geo-Scientist Exam Syllabus: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts Combined Geologist & Geo-Scientist Examination once in a year. Exam syllabus details are given below…
Syllabus of the Written Examination: The standard of the paper in General English will be such as may be expected of a Science Graduate. 3 compulsory papers each on Geology Geophysics, Chemistry and Hydrogeology subjects will be approximately of the M.Sc. degree standard of an Indian University and questions will generally be set to test the candidate’s grasp of the fundamentals in each subject.
General English Paper: Candidate will be required to write a short Essay in English. Other questions will be designed to test their understanding of English and workmanlike use of words.
UPSC Geologist & Geo-Scientist Exam Selection Process
UPSC Geologist & Geo-Scientist Exam Selection Process: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist Exam Selection Process Details are given below…
UPSC Selection Procedure consists of:
1. Written Examination
2. Interview/ Personality Test
3. Document Verification
1. Written Examination:
i. Geologists written exam consists of 4 papers General English, Geology Paper-I, II & III
ii. Geophysicists Exam consists of General English, Geophysicist Paper-I, II & III
iii. Chemist Exam consists of General English, Chemistry Paper-I, II & III
iv. Jr Hydrogeologist Exam consists of Geology paper I & II, Hydrogeology.
v. Maximum Marks 100 for General English & 200 for remaining all Papers.
vi. In this examination all the subjects will be of conventional (essay) type with English language question papers. Answers must be in English only.
vii. Candidates must write their papers with their own hand. The commission have discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all the subjects of the examination.
2. Interview/ Personality Test: The Test carries 200 marks. The candidate will be interviewed by a Board of competent and unbiased observers who will have before them a record of their career. The object of the interview is to assess their suitability for the posts for which they has competed. Special attention will be paid in the Personality Test to assessing the candidate’s capacity for leadership, initiative and intellectual curiosity, tact and other social qualities, mental and physical energy, powers of practical application, integrity of character and aptitude for adapting themselves to the field life.
3. Document Verification: Verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents is taken up only after the candidate is qualified for Interview/ Personality Test.
UPSC Geologist & Geo-Scientist Exam Pattern
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist Exam once in a year. Geologists Exam Pattern details given below.
UPSC conducts Geologist & Geo-Scientist Exam in three stages.
1) Written Examination
2) Interview/ Personality Test
3) Document Verification
1) Prelims examination: Geologist & Geo-Scientist Prelims exam consists of 5 papers. The examination conducts for various posts under 2 categories. Category -I for Geological survey of India (GSI) category -II for Central Ground Water Board (CGWB). In this examination all the subjects will be of conventional (essay) type with English language question papers. The commission have discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all the subjects of the examination. Subjects, maximum marks details given below…
|Stream-I : Geologist & Jr. Hydrogeologist|
Stream-II : Geophysicist
|Stream-III : Chemist|
UPSC CGS Recruitment FAQs
Latest Govt Jobs Notifications | Upcoming Govt Jobs
- KDA New Plot Scheme 2022 Online Registration for 1101 Plots, Price List
- PM Kisan Beneficiary Status Check 2022 Online Payment by Mobile/ Aadhar
- Independence Day 2022: पीएम मोदी ने लाल किले से देश को किया संबोधित
- Odisha Nai Pahal Scheme: Newly Married Couples to Get Wedding Kits
- जानें क्या है विभाजन विभीषिका स्मृति दिवस?
- IBPS RRB Result 2022 Prelims Cut off marks, Merit list download