every year May 8 on a global scale world red cross day is celebrated. purpose of the day international red cross And Red Crescent Movement To broaden the understanding of the public about Affiliated to the Red Crescent Societies, it works in collaboration with the World Red Cross to support the movement’s activities. The National Red Crescent Society and Red Cross Society are found in almost every country around the world.
The theme of World Red Cross Day 2022:
- Every year World Red Cross Day is celebrated on different themes with different messages. Theme/Theme of World Red Cross Day in the year 2022 “Be Human Kind” Is. The theme/theme of World Red Cross Day 2022 focuses on the power of kindness and how it can impact the entire world.
Red Crescent Movement Red Crescent Movement:
- The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is a humanitarian movement of approximately 97 million volunteers, members and employees worldwide, dedicated to protecting human life and health, ensuring respect for all human beings, and preventing and reducing human suffering. was established for.
History of the World Red Cross Day:
- Henry Dunant Born May 8, 1828 and was also the winner of the Nobel Peace Prize. World Red Cross Day is also known as World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day. Henri Dunant was a Swiss humanist, businessman and social activist. Henri Dunant was born on May 8, 1828 in the city of Geneva, Switzerland. He founded the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) in 1863 in Geneva, Switzerland.
- In 1934, the principles of the Red Cross Truce were presented at the 15th International Conference. This day was approved in the same conference. World Red Cross Day is celebrated annually on 8 May 1948. In 1984, it was designated as World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- International Committee of the Red Cross Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland;
- Founder of the International Committee of the Red Cross: Henry Dunant;
- International Committee of the Red Cross founded: February 17, 1863, Geneva, Switzerland;
- International Committee of the Red Cross President: Peter Maurer.